Thursday, November 1, 2012

1 Day until I go under the knife!


I’m writing this in past tense because the few days leading up to the surgery were just too crazy to blog at the time. I had to get a lot of things in order before the 26th, many of which were not actually surgery related...I’ll spare you all the details and just let you know what my last day on my bum hip was like.

I took the day off from work, and had a day all about me. I slept in late, had some Dunkin’ Coffee and a breakfast sandwich, and then went for a 90 minute massage. 

The massage was the most amazing thing ever, EXACTLY what I needed. I’d never had a real one before, so I wasn’t sure what to expect. Let’s just say, it’s worth every single penny you pay. 

After the massage, I went and got a pedicure. I hadn’t had one in an age and I kinda wanted the extra pampering. It was really nice to just sit back and be taken care of. Ahhhh, it was so relaxing.

When I left the salon, I came home and rotted on the couch while watching some junky TV, it was GLORIOUS. And after a couple hours of that, I changed into cooking/baking mode.
Hubby arrived home from work around 5, and found me BUZZING around the house. I couldn’t keep still. I had made a list of things I wanted to accomplish before the surgery, and I felt desperate to complete them. He had to stop me several times just to try and calm me down. I was so anxious and nervous that I didn’t want to sit still...or all I would do is think about the next day. That would make me crazy. 
I ran around the house most of the night, baking cookies and finishing goodie bags for my nurses, making a couple meals for us to eat, and packing my bag for the hospital. 

We finally went to bed around 11:30, but I don’t know if either of us really slept at all. We had to be at the hospital at 6:30 am the next day...and we were just so anxious to get things going and get it over with.

The moral of this day was to just relax and prepare, so that’s really all I did. 
Read on for info on the actual surgery day.


No comments:

Post a Comment