Monday, February 3, 2014

Growing Pains

This post will be short and sweet. I just wanted to post my latest x-rays to illustrate where my concerns are about excess bone growth. I talked about these in my "Tidbits" post.



Quick reminder of current conditions:
I'm 15 months out of RPAO. I've had RPAO and a right arthroscope to fix torn labrum, to microfracture and to resurface femoral head.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated! I've heard from a few different people and it seems most likely to be something like Heterotopic Ossification (which may, or may not be an issue). Also, regarding the non-union, my surgeon isn't concerned with it at this point. It isn't bothering me on a regular basis. I will be asking him about it again, just to be sure.

I've discussed the bone growth concerns with my surgeon and as a first step he is sending me for an ultrasound to see if there is any cyst formation in the area. I did have cyst growth prior to surgery.

That is all for now, thanks for all emails, comments and well wishes so far. Please feel free to leave your thoughts in the comments below! Any and all input is welcomed.

Thanks guys,
D



No comments:

Post a Comment