Thursday, October 3, 2013

3 Weeks to 1 Year

Wowzer, I can't believe this countdown is so small!
We're 23 days from my 1 year mark. I'm ecstatic with the thoughts of how far I've come.

I was thinking about what kind of post I could do for my one-year anniversary...I wanted to do something special for this blog for my future reference, and for you readers as well. I thought that maybe it would be a great idea to answer a series of questions covering anything from before my surgery, surgery prep, hospital stay, recovery...whatever! I started coming up with a list and here's what I've got so far (in no particular order):

  • What is the best moment of your recovery so far?
  • What is the first thing you remember after surgery?
  • What was the worst part of recovery?
  • What was the hardest part of recovery?
  • What is the last thing you remember before surgery?
  •  What was the most frustrating part of PT?
  •  Do you wish you changed anything about your PT?
  •  What were the first three weeks after surgery like?
  •  What was the most painful part of the recovery while you were non-weight bearing?
  • What was the most painful part of the recovery while you were walking?
  • What was the best tip or trick you learned to help you recover?
  • What was the most rewarding moment of your PT? 
  • Was it all worth it? 
So, I'm not sure if I'll do all these or none or somewhere in between. Do any of you readers have any questions you may want to ask? I'm posting this now to give some time for myself to think about these questions, and also to allow you guys to ask any and all questions you'd like regarding my poor little hip-y and the journey I've been on. If you've got a question, go ahead and leave it in a comment. I'll add it to my list and on my anniversary I'll post the answer to all the questions.

Either way, this will be a good brain dump for myself and anyone else who might want to read some reflections on hip dysplasia, and PAO prep, surgery, and recovery. :o)


No comments:

Post a Comment