Wednesday, April 10, 2013

1,000



Well, I just realized that I am just under 1,000 pageviews by loyal and supportive readers. I also just realized that it is my 1 year anniversary with you all! I wrote my first blog post on April 10, 2012, so Happy Anniversary!


1,000 page views! That’s amazing to me. I know there are bloggers out there who probably have many, many more than that…and it may not be a huge deal to most. But I think it’s pretty exciting.


I have to say that this blog started out as a PAO journal for me, something I’d post in every once in a while to mark occasions leading up to and after PAO surgery. Originally I thought it’d be for inner reflection later on, something to turn back to. I obviously hoped for people to read it and find my posts helpful for their own journey. However, lately it’s turned into my sounding board. The past couple months have really been up and down for recovery…and this blog has been the perfect place to put down my feelings, thoughts, and observations. Before I’d be lucky if I could remember to post once a month, now I’ve got posts waiting in the queue. I write my life and my recovery as it happens, and there are things that are on-going that I’ll post as fillers when not much is going on. 


Anywho, I just feel the need to say THANK YOU to all my readers. I know it seems silly, but it’s nice to know that people out there are reading, keeping up with my progress, and silently supporting me. It’s a fantastic feeling to know that I’ve got so many people, from all over the world (Hello U.S., Germany, Russia, Australia, United Kingdom, Sweden, South Korea, and Canada!) checking in, seeing how I’m doing and learning about my hip healing process. 


I want to reiterate that if any of my readers are prospective PAO or hip procedure patients, or are going through a recovery like I am…please, please, please don’t be shy if you ever have questions or comments. This is really meant to be a place that fosters all sorts of conversation. Even if you’re not going through any of what I’ve gone through and still have questions or comments, those are always welcome, too!

Anyway, I’m happy either way. I still think it’s amazing that there are so many people helping me through and following my journey. Thank you all, you’re truly the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment