Thursday, April 18, 2013

Pain In The Butt



Well…I’ve got some new pain to report. This has been on and off for the past couple weeks. I’ve literally got a pain in the butt. My tailbone has been painful when I sit, lean on anything, and even twist a certain way. It’s very strange. I wanted to just ignore it to see how it went…but it’s not getting any better. 
Two days ago, it was really painful when I sat or leaned on anything. Yesterday it wasn’t as bad, but the pain was still there. It’s strange because the pain only occurs when I first sit, like “contact” pain or just when I first put pressure on it. If I stay still once I’m sitting, it doesn’t continue to hurt. If there are any other PAO-ed people out there with similar pain, please let me know…it’s starting to freak me out a little. 

Anyways, that’s the strangest thing to report. Other than that, I’ve really only had minor things going on this week.
Other thoughts:

  • I have incision pain sometimes, but I think it’s just because my stitches haven’t come out yet.
  • At least three or four times I’ve stepped on the forbidden leg. What a fool. I don’t do it on purpose.  It’s just that I can use it for so much else besides walking…so sometimes I forget and use it for something like trying to stand or catching my balance. Just the other morning I stepped out of the car, and put that leg down with all my weight. Really? What the heck is the matter with me? On the bright side…it really didn’t hurt at all. But that’s obviously not the point. Dr. S and Tom (my PT) both said that the biggest concern with the hip is actually grinding the hip right now. Like if I used the leg to get up out of a sitting position, or squatted on it, any motion that could rub away that healing cartilage.

That’s all for now. I’ll keep you posted on things as they progress. Let me know if anyone else has similar pain in their tailbone/sacrum area.


Still praying for Boston. Xoxo, love that city. Stay united, stay strong, stay Boston Strong.
-D

2 comments:

  1. Hey Danielle, did you ever get that tailbone pain figured out? I am 8 weeks post op and am having a horrible time with it the last few days. I can't seem to find a comfy way to sit! Just like you said, it is fine when I am still, but it hurts so bad to stand up!! -Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lindsay!
      Sorry it took so long for me to get back to you. It's been an all-consuming couple weeks with this psoas issue.

      I honestly can't remember a specific point in time, but the tailbone pain eventually just went away on it's own! I think that as you go through PT and strengthen everything back up, you should be just fine. I know the tailbone pain did last a few weeks, maybe even a couple of months...but it did go away on it's own!

      Delete